Safari Ltd Jack Russell
Anyone familiar with Jack Russell terriers will vouch for their high energy and excellent trainability. They are small dogs, wiry even, but they are lively and curious, a member of the terrier group, which means they were bred to seek underground rodents.
- Scientific Name: Canis lupus familiaris
- Characteristics: Don’t let the smaller stature fool you; Jack Russell terriers have boundless energy and enthusiasm, and they are also intelligent and inquisitive. This figure captures all these qualities in a lifelike pose.
- Size and Color: Like most Jack Russell terriers, this figure is predominantly white, with dark brown patches for contrast. The face maintains exceptional realism. The dog measures 2 ½ inches long and stands 2 inches high, similar to the size of a muffin.
- The Jack Russel Terrier is part of the Best in Show collection.
- All of Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
With a name like Jack Russell terrier, there must be a good story somewhere in this breed’s past. The Reverend John Russell loved fox hunting, and he bred dogs for that purpose, hunting the countryside around his Devonshire home in 19th century England. Where the fox travels, the saying goes, the terrier must follow. Therefore, Reverend Russell bred small, strong dogs capable of tunneling and following their quarry into burrows. Russell promoted the breed and even judged shows, so the terrier was named in his honor. Modern Jack Russell terriers are still bred with ideal terrier qualities in mind.
- Recommended Age: 3
- Size in cm: 6.2 L x 2.5 W x 4.5 H