Safari Ltd Koala
Although they are sometimes colloquially referred to as koala bears, koalas have no relation to bears and are instead a type of marsupial. Koalas are only found in the coastal regions of Australia, primarily on the south side of the continent.
- Scientific Name: Phascolarctos cinereus
- Characteristics: Because of their diet, koalas are incredibly sedimentary and sometimes spend up to 20 hours of their day sleeping. Nap the day away with this beautifully hand painted and individually sculpted koala figurine!
- Size and Color: Koalas have a predominantly silver and ashy brown bodies with dark black noses. Standing 1.75 inches tall and 2.75 inches long, this figurine is roughly the size of a credit card stood on its side.
- The Koala is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Sadly, koalas were recently listed as a vulnerable species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature. Their numbers are dramatically dropping in areas like Queensland and New South Wales, although all signs point to their populations still being abundant in Victoria and South Australia. While koalas are protected by many different laws and regulations, they are still threatened by habitat loss and fragmentation.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 7 L x