Safari Ltd Sheep
The sheep is one of the earliest domesticated animals. There are over one billion sheep in the world, and their wool is one of the earliest and most frequently utilized animal fibers. There are over 200 breeds of domestic sheep in the world today.
- Scientific Name: Ovis aries
- Characteristics: This woolly sheep figure is ready to prance its way into your home and your heart. Individually hand painted, this figure features a detailed sculpt reflecting the crimped wool coat of the domestic sheep.
- Size and Color: Our sheep figure is 3 ¼ inches long and 3 inches high, or about the size of a playing card on its side. This sheep features a traditional white wool coat with black hooves.
- The Sheep is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
The flocking behavior of sheep, and their inclination to follow a dominant sheep, allowed for them to be domesticated over 10,000 years ago. Sheep are similar to goats, and both are in the subfamily Caprinae. However, they are in separate genera (Ovis for sheep, Capra for goats) and thus any hybrid animals produced will be infertile, like the mule (which is a donkey/horse hybrid).
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 8 L x 3.5 W x 7.5 H